Communicating with the School when your Child is Absent
If your child is going to be absent due to illness:
· Please phone the school before 8.30am on 01225 752006 on each morning of absence and leave a message on the absence line. Please leave details of your child’s name, class and a clear reason for absence (please do not just state that they are unwell).
· Do not email the school as these messages are not always picked up on time for registration.
· If you believe your child will be absent for more than one day, please call and speak to a member of the office staff.
We have a duty of care for your child whilst they are at school and as such need to know their whereabouts on a school day. If we have had no communication from you we do have to inform the Safeguarding Team.
If your child is going to be absent due to a pre-booked appointment eg hospital:
· If the appointment is more than 48hrs away please email either
firstname.lastname@example.org or reception@ st-johns-trowbridge.wilts.sch.uk with the details and a copy of the appointment letter.
· If the appointment is within the following 48hrs please ring the office and speak to a member of staff.
If your child is going to be absent due to any other reason:
· Please complete a Leave of Absence form at least 7 days before the intended absence. This must be submitted to the office with any supporting evidence.
Now that we are back to normal following the Covid-19 pandemic, please may we request that routine doctors and dentist appointments are now where possible made outside of the school day.